Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Pumpkin Oatmeal - Updated

I love Fall! Today is the first day of fall. I woke up thinking I needed to make pumpkin oatmeal - and remembered a blog I had read at Closet Cooking - one of my fave food blogs. I tweaked his a little - and it was so yummy!

1/2 cup oats
3/4 cup water
1 T canned pumpkin puree
3/4 T brown sugar
1/4 tsp chopped walnuts
dash of cinnamon and nutmeg
2 T milk
1 crumbled ginger cookie

Cook the first two for 1.40 seconds - then add the rest.
260 calories - 3 fat grams, 4.5 fiber - very healthy and filling for breakfast!

Updated - morning 2: I did things a little differently this morning: instead of walnuts I put 2 t of craisins and lowered the brown sugar to 1 1/2 tsp. It was very yummy - I think I may have this tomorrow morning too! - 190, 2.7, 4.8 - wow - those walnuts add a lot!

2 comments:

test it comm said...

The crumbled ginger cookie would go really well in the pumpkin oatmeal!

Unknown said...

This sounds yummy!! Perfect for the first day of fall!