Saturday, September 30, 2006

Cream Cheese Thingy (Danish)

No pictures - but I thought I'd give you the recipe for a great breakfast or brunch treat
As I've been calling it today
Cream Cheese Thingy (really danish would be a good word here)

2 cans crescent rolls
1 egg - separated
1 cup sugar - separated
1 tsp vanilla
12 oz cream cheese - softened (I used 1/3 less fat)

in 9x13 pan, roll out one can of crescent rolls. Press into bottom of pan. Mix together cream cheese, egg yolk, vanilla, and 3/4 of the sugar. Pour into pan. Top with other can of crescent rolls. Top with egg whites and 1/4 of sugar. Bake for about 20 minutes until middle is set and top is brown and shiny (due to the egg white and sugar).

This is very good warm out of the oven. Let it sit for about 10 minutes and it is great!
This is from a lady that works next door to me in the offices. It was delicious - I had 3 bites of it

I also made maple pecan waffles, real whipped cream flavored with maple extract (Steph made that while I was making waffles). Laura brought fruit. I made the waffles healthier - using applesauce instead of oil. Terah brought drinks. It was a lot of fun just chilling with my girls!

Love you girls - we're gonna bake soon! :)

No comments: