Saturday, June 14, 2008

Mac and Cheese Chowder

I love mac and cheese - give it to me anyway - it is definitely one of my favorite comfort foods. This is a new way to try it. I didn't like it at first when the cheese hadn't had time to really get good, but then after it had cooled off a bit - it was yummy. I would also stick with cubed chicken instead of the ham, but it was good nonetheless.

Mac and Cheese Chowder (300 calories)
1 box mac and cheese dinner ( I used Kraft shells three cheese)
1 can ls/ff chicken broth ( I used some that I had boiled a chicken in)
1 cup water - or just use more chicken broth if you want it more flavorful
1 can cream-style corn
1 cup chopped ham or chicken
1/2 cup milk (if you want, I didn't have any, so I didn't put any in)

Boil noodles in water and broth till al dente. Stir in everything else. Season with salt and pepper. Let cheese get good and gooey. Maybe a good idea would be to mix the cheese packet in with the milk - then pour it in (sorta like you do with cornstarch to thicken something).

No comments: