Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Taste of Louisville: The Grape Leaf

I love meditteranean cuisine - Greek food - middle eastern (except the olives).
Yesterday I went out to lunch with a couple ladies and I wanted to try this restaurant down on Frankfort. I had heard it was great - but hadn't been there - so on we went!
First - any good Greek restaurant must have good hummus. This one did. I only got a small taste of it - but it was yummy - like George's Garage in Durham.
I got the beef and lamb gyro. It came a salad - I got the house - had tons of stuff in it.
The beef and lamb had a great tsaziki sauce on top and the pita was amazing - the beef and lamb were great as well - with diced up cuks and toms on top. It had some cauliflower (just yellow) rice with some raisins and almonds in it. Today I get leftovers of their brown rice and lentils. It was tons of food - all for 10$. Which really isn't bad.
The service was great and a nice atmosphere with street parking.
Yummy! I will definitely have to go back!

No comments: