Monday, July 14, 2008

5 Grain Cinnamon Raisin Bread

I think I now own almost every type of flour known to man. Of course, I'm slightly kidding, but...I've got plenty of it! I found this recipe and thought I would try it - I actually liked it more than I thought I would. It is healthy!

1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 rye flour
1/2 cup oats
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ cup oat bran
½ cup golden raisins
3 large egg whites, lightly beaten
1 cup honey
1 cup all natural applesauce
½ cup skim milk

Mix all dry. The first bowl of dry ingredients I had ended up on the floor - so I had to start over. Then stir in wet just until combined - do not over mix. I used 4 small loaf pans, or you can just use 1 large. Spray bottom. Cook in 375 for 30 for small, 45 for large - or until knife comes out clean. Don't overbake!

No comments: