Thursday, July 16, 2009

The End of Summer Vegetarianism

Ok, I tried it for 6-7 weeks. And that will be about it. What am I talking about - the summer of vegetarianism.
They say it takes a few weeks for things to change your system - different foods, medicines, etc. Well, the month of June was pretty good, but the last 3 weeks I have been extremely tired. The only thing I can chalk this up to is the lack of protein in my diet. The only real protein I am getting is legumes (pinto/black), cheese, egg whites, pb, and the one meal a week of meat.
But, at the same time I am exercising, kettlebellings, practicing yoga. Protein builds muscle. So, I'm trying to push my muscles without having anything to grow them in my tummy.
So, this is the last week of vegetarianism for me. I still won't eat a ton of meat - but I will eat more.
Sorry - not to make it the whole summer, but I need to listen to my body - not my blog.

1 comment:

In Definition said...

bring on the meat!!!!!!!!!