Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Goodwill Find: The Moosewood Cookbook




So, a few months ago on my google reader came a list of cookbooks that were great to have. One on the list was the Moosewood Cookbook from a restaurant in Ithica, NY. This cookbook was published in 1977 (the year I was born) and I do believe is currently out of print. They do have many other cookbooks if you want to get one.
Some of the reasons this cookbook is worth so much is because of its hand-written recipes and pencil drawings. There are plenty of great vegetarian, whole food recipes. I am looking forward to trying many of them.
I was out shopping at my local Goodwill here in Raleigh the other night and came across this. It was AMAZING. I couldn't believe it. I picked it up and horded it so no one else would come steal it from me.
Now the question: what will I cook from it?
Sweet Potato Pancakes, Brazilian Black Bean Soup, Polenta Pizza, Minestrone, Salads, and some of their sauces
Second question, will I keep it or try to sell it?
Depends on if the recipes are any good...
What are your thoughts on valuable cookbooks - keep or sell?

4 comments:

Sarah @ See Sarah Eat said...

Wow, that would be a tough one! But I think as a true foodie, you will probably keep it, at least until you make most of the recipes :)

Anna said...

That was a great find! I have been thinking about buying one of their cookbooks because I hear the recipes are amazing. I think you should definitely keep it.

walkerfamily94 said...

The bargain hunter in me says to sell it! ;) I love finding awesome deals at thrift stores and selling them for a profit...it really is a hobby of mine. Although, since you truly love to cook, you should probably keep it.

Phil and Mary Ann said...

I'd keep it!