Thursday, April 08, 2010

Peeps Smores













Mark this down as something I would never think to do.
I don't normally like Peeps - never have. I bought a pack this year for my friend Becca who mentioned she loves them. I have also bought them for my friend Michelle who also likes them - but that has been my experience with them. I even love marshmellows - especially homemade ones - I don't know what my deal is.
About a month ago I heard about this peep party among the ladies at Providence. I greatly anticipated this little shindig during my first week here.
Ingredients:
graham crackers
dark chocolate bars
Peeps (buying them after Easter makes this very cheap)
aluminum foil
napkins

Line a pan with foil. Turn oven on broil. Place half a graham cracker down, top with chocolate, then a peep (no color specification needed). Broil for about 15-30 seconds - literally they don't take very long at all. You want them just browned on top of their cute little heads. Take them out - smush (technically cooking term) down the other half of the graham cracker. Enjoy.

1 comment:

Brandi said...

I LOVE Peeps! The blue ones and the pink ones are my favorite, and they have to be stale. (I know, I'm weird) :) Do you know that I didn't even get a Peep or a Cadbury Cream egg for Easter this year? It just wasn't the same without them. :(