Friday, April 16, 2010

Taste of Raleigh: El Rodeo




Went to lunch with some co-workers today to really talk about children's ministry - and you can definitely talk for a while over chips and salsa.
We went to a place across the street from the church called El Rodeo (no www). Typical mexican place - nicer ambience than some other local places.
Liked our waiter - he was very nice. The food came out in about 6 minutes - really - we were surprised at how fast it was. We went a little after 11am and were the first ones there, but by the time we left about 1240 it was more full.
I got the sincronizada - a vegetarian tortilla sandwich: mushroom, onion, pepper, jalepenos, and cheese - with sliced avocado on top. My mouth was on fire but it was absolutely wonderful! I loved it. 6.75 got me that, a huge portion of rice (which wasn't anything to rave about and I only took a few bites), chips (again, blah chips) and salsa (I really liked their salsa).
So...good to know there is a good place close by - but I'll still be looking for good Mexican places in the area!

1 comment:

Brandi said...

Sounds kind of like the mushroom quesadilla at Sol Aztecas. :)