Sunday, April 11, 2010

Two Bean Italian Soup (2010.14)







Does a recipe ever surprise you? This was my question when I tasted this soup this afternoon - shortly after it perfumed my apartment with wonderful smelling-ness!



BHG's February 2008 magazine gave me this Tuscan Bean Soup. I only made 2 alterations to it. And, it is very yummy. I could drink the broth by the gallon!



So easy too. Don't be afraid of soups in the spring/summer...






1/2 bag baby carrots, chopped



1 smallish onion, chopped



1 large garlic clove, minced



2 T olive oil



2 cans reduced-sodium chicken broth (or make your own)



1 can great northern beans



1 can garbanzo beans (both beans, drained and rinsed)



3 tsp italian seasoning



1 pkg spinach



black pepper






Saute first two in olive oil till softened, add garlic. Then add the broth and the beans. Let simmer. Add the spinach and cook for about 30 seconds - then it is done. How easy and surprisingly healthy and good.






No comments: