Thursday, November 02, 2006

Brunswick Stew


This is yummy stuff. I've said before that I love soups. I make them all the time in the winter. This has worked itself up to the top 5 of my soups. I have worked from a Cooking Light recipe and have made it my own.

Brunswick Stew


2 large red potatoes, cubed, skin on
2 garlic cloves, chopped fine
Olive oil
1 large onion, sliced thin
2 cups frozen corn, thawed
1 cup frozen lima beans, thawed
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1 box and 1 can low sodium, ff chicken broth
4 sliced of cooked bacon - diced
3 cups cooked chicken
spanish paprika, red pepper, cumin, salt and pepper to taste

In a big soup pot, swirl olive oil and saute onions. Right before they are done, add garlic. Then add everything up to the bacon. Simmer for 30 minutes. Add the chicken, bacon and seasonings. Cook for about 15 more minutes, till flavors meld together and chicken is heated.

Serve with bread: we had sourdough and french this week. My girls loved it. I only had about 1/2 cup left for lunch leftovers the next day.

No comments: