Thursday, November 23, 2006

Butterscotch Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle


Ok, so the pictures not great and I ended up having to improvise a little when I realized I hadn't bought enough of one of the items - but it was still a yummy trifle! :) Very fall-y.

Pumpkin Trifle (with gingerbread and butterscotch too)
Homemade Gingerbread: (This was not fun. I used a recipe I had, but realized it had no eggs in it, so I had to find another one. But, the final product was yummy - for gingerbread).
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp cinnamon
3/4 tsp ginger (fresh grated would be the best)
1/2 tsp baking powder and soda
1 stick butter or shortening
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup molasses
Grease a 9 in round cake pan, mix dry, add to wet - bake for 35 minutes. Let cool.
Tear apart and save for trifle.
4 cups cold skim milk
4 1oz pkgs butterscotch pudding mix
1 can pumpkin
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ginger, nutmeg, and allspice
1 carton free cool whip
Mix up pudding, add in the pumpkin and spices. Layer in a glass bowl starting with gingerbread, ending with cool whip (should get at least 2 good layers). I crumble a little bit of gingerbread right on top.
Enjoy it. I've made it for thanksgiving each of the last 3 years - it is good and not bad for you compared to other holiday desserts!

No comments: