Monday, November 17, 2008

Birthday Pumpkin Pie

Tomorrow is one of my professor's birthdays, so he wanted Pumpkin Pie. Thankfully - I had everything in my cupboards so I wouldn't have to pick up things in NC. And I love pumkpin pies because they are fairly easy! Happy Birthday Dr. Richardson - thank you for your love for your students and your famed b-ball skills.
I got this recipe from the lovely and talented Tina Wright yesterday while I ate dinner at their home in Raleigh. Its very yummy, creamy, and not very heavy as some pumpkin pies are.

1 9-in pie shell - I just use a frozen one. Its easy!
1 14 oz can Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk (this recipe is one of their's)
1 can pumpkin (15 oz)
2 eggs
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp each nutmeg, ginger, salt

Bake at 425 for 15 minutes. Turn down oven to 350 and bake for 37-40 minutes or until done. Take out and cool - serve with Cool Whip.
I didn't let mine cool before putting foil on it to bring it to work this morning, so it sweated some - but still tastes yummy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the recipe! It looks delicious!