Wednesday, November 12, 2008

La Vida Java

I'm not one of those people that just go hang out in coffee shops just for the fun of it - to kill time. Except maybe the Caribou on Franklin Street by the mall in Chapel Hill. I love that one! :)
But, I found a new place last night while bonding with a new friend. Her friends own this great place and it opened about a year ago.
Colors are comfortable and cozy, great leather couch big enough for two people to lounge on and not feel like they are encroaching into each other's personal space, games galore (including one on Louisville trivia). Quiet even with people in there. Well-priced (a huge mug of their gourmet Guittard hot chocoleche for 3.75). They even gave it to me in a red mug which is fabulous! They sell local things there (jewelry, notecards, etc) but its not overtaking the place. Very nice and talkative.
So, since this place is only about 10-15 minutes from campus in the Lyndon area, I will try to make this a regular stop of mine. At least in the winter when I love hot chocolate! :)

No comments: