Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Lemon Gingerbread Muffins

This recipe had already been tweaked by Noodle Nights and Muffin Mornings from a Cooks' Illustrated recipe - so I pretty much left it the same. It probably makes about 16 or so muffins because I made 12 and had extra batter. Sorry for no pictures - this one would have some good ones, but I need to get a new camera - mine quit working this weekend.

2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon ground ginger
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice, salt
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups dark brown sugar
1 cup buttermilk
1/3 cup molasses
1 stick unsalted butter, melted & cooled slightly

Lemon Glaze:
3/4 cup powdered sugar
juice of a large lemon

375 middle rack, spray muffins tins, dry, wet, fold together till just mixed. Bake for 18 minutes. Lemon glaze while warm.
These were actually better than I thought they would be. I've been wanting to try them, but gingerbread is usually more dry than these muffins were. I was pleasantly surprised!

2 comments:

Brandi said...

These were delish!!! Thanks for sharing them. :) The lemon glaze just makes them "pop"!!

Linds said...

Ooo I'm glad you liked these- we thought they were really moist too! Thanks for trying the recipe!