Monday, June 22, 2009

Triple Strawberry Cookies

This is definitely one of those recipes that I wish I came up with...but I didn't. Props go to the Oatmeal Cookie Guy who makes any and every kind of oatmeal - these are absolutely amazing. I only changed a few minor things - but this is HIS recipe. Go look at his blog if you want some more yummy goodness!

1 stick unsalted butter
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 sliced fresh strawberries
3 T skim milk
1 T lemon juice
1 T sugar
1 tsp lemon zest
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
2 cups rolled oats
1 cup ground red-fat vanilla wafers
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup chopped dehydrated strawberries (near the bin aisle at Whole Foods)
1/2 cup sliced strawberries
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
Turbinado Sugar

Cream first two. Heat berries through zest till smooth, cool. Add in the vanilla. Add to creamed mixture. Add dry ingredients. Mixed just until combined. Roll each cookie in turbinado sugar. Lightly spray cookies sheets - 350- 11-12 minutes or until done.
These are amazing! Oh, wait - have I mentioned how amazing these are??? I had to get them out of my house! Everyone I have given them to has agreed. Well worth the dehydrated strawberries.

No comments: