Thursday, August 06, 2009

Bakery Style Blueberry Muffins (2009.31)

It seems like all I blog about these days are blueberries. Well, not much longer. Pretty soon all I'll be plugging about is fall squashes and apples. So, enjoy them while they are here.
I finally used my cookbook 5 a Day Fruit and Vegetable Cookbook. I do like all the information they give about the fruits and veggies, but many of the recipes aren't really "healthy". These muffins aren't as bad as some other recipes in the book. These have 230 calories, 9 fat, and 1 fiber. The taste and look was very "bakery" looking. Light colored muffins because I didn't add any whole wheat flour. I told my Mom they tasted like sugar cookie muffins with blueberries. yum!

2 1/2 cups flour
1 T baking powder
6 T sugar
1 cup milk
3 eggs
1 stick unsalted butter, melted
1 t vanilla extract
2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen (don't thaw the frozen)
2 T raw sugar

Mix the dry, fold in the wet. Fold in the blueberries. Don't overmix, batter will be lumpy. Fill greased muffins tins. Bake at 400 for 22-25 minutes. Don't overbake these.

No comments: