Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Melting Moments (2009.32)

These cookies definitely sound better than they taste. Don't get me wrong, they aren't bad. I just think of cookies as being sweet in some way. These are more of a shortbread cookie, with a slight sweetness and bit of crunch in their coating. Would I make them again, probably not. Am I going to share them, yeah - just to have something in the office. Would I use them at a cookie swap and mark it as my favorite cookie - nope. But, that's what this year is getting me - new recipes, some I will keep some I won't. This is from a tall cookbook called Cookies.

About 30 cookies (using small cookie scoop)

3 T butter, softened
5 T shortening
1/2 egg
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 cup self-rising flour
rolled oats (to roll cookies in, about 1/3 cup)
5 candied cherries (the kind you use at Christmas time), chopped in quarters

Cream butter, shortening, and sugar. Add egg and vanilla. Combine with flour. Roll in oats. Top with candied cherry piece.
Sprayed pan, 350, 15 minutes or less depending on size of cookies. Don't overbake.

No comments: