Sunday, June 14, 2009

AB Chocolate Chip Cookies - Updated

Facebook may not have been that great for my waistline today. A friend said she was making homemade chocolate chip cookies - so I thought - I wonder if I:
1. Have a new chocolate chip cookie recipe to try?
2. Have all the ingredients on hand?

I had both. And whoever came up with the idea of warm chocolate chip cookies dunked in cold milk - had a great idea!
These turned out pretty good. These are from Alton Brown. They weren't my favorite chocolate chip cookies - but they were still edible and giveawayable. Anyone want any? They were fluffier than mine normally are - with a nice chew due to the brown sugar.

2 1/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt (AB said 1 tsp)
2 sticks unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 tsp vanilla
2 egg yolks
3/4 cup EACH brown sugar, white sugar
3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1 cup dark chocolate chips (Alton said 2 cups of milk chocolate)

Stir dry ingredients. Cream the wet ingredients. Fold in chips, don't overmix. 375 for 12 minutes. Ungreased.

UPDATE: So, I stole a small one from the bag I have set aside for company for my snack today. I just ate it (yes, I know, its only 9:45am) - it was so yummy. I think even better than right out of the oven. The sugars were still chewy, it wasn't hard like most day old chocolate chip cookies are. This one had plenty of chocolate chips. Also, this one was one of the last ones baked, meaning the dough had had time to rest, so that might be a good trick too (as I've seen in some recipes). Very yummy!

No comments: