Friday, June 19, 2009

Crispy White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

I got this idea from a friend of mine here in the ville - and thought sure - let me back some more oatmeal cookies. I baked a whole batch last night. TOnight was only half a batch and gave them away to be eaten by some guys who are helping a friend move tomorrow.
These cookies were good, but I think I like my cookies a little sweeter - these didn't have enough sweet to me. Oh, well. They were still good. Like the texture of them, although I didn't think they turned out as crispy as the recipe lead me to believe.

1 cup flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 3/4 stick unsalted butter, softened
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 1/2 cup rolled oats
6 oz white chocolate chips (or candy bars cut in pieces)

Mix dry, cream weat, add together just until combined. Fold in oats, fold in chocolate chips. Bake on lightly sprayed (or parchment paper) at 350 for 12-14 minutes depending on the size of your cookies.

I had really high hopes for these because of what I read on other blogs about them - but I don't think I'll be handing this one down to my children. They were good though - I don't think you can have any type of oatmeal cookie that is a complete flop. Last night's were better, though.

No comments: