Monday, June 01, 2009

Things I like this week

I love summer - fresh fruits and veggies! They are so yummy. Well, here is what is keeping me happy in the kitchen lately:
1. Fresh strawberries. Rayann and I went to Huber's in IN this past weekend. I got about 13 lbs of strawberries. They are very juicy and sweet. I do plan on making a berry pie and some scones when my friend comes to visit. The rest will just be eaten. And I've given some away to neighbors and friends. Kinda reminds me of Plant City strawberry season!
2. Sun-Ni Original Hummus. I usually like to make my own hummus. But, with having a busy weekend and starting housesitting today - just haven't had time. The best hummus store bought is Sun-Ni. I love Lotsa Pasta's and Grape Leaf's and definitely George's Garage in Durham.
3. Hint of Lime Tostitos. Man - they are so addicting. Salty and tangy. Great with corn and black bean salsa.
4. Fresh everything. Right now in my fridge I have green beans, tomatos, apples, cherries, zuks, cuks, corn on the cob. Yum! So healthy too.
5. Barbara's Organic Pomegranite Granola Cereal. Its what I've been eating for breakfast. Got it at Rainbow Blossom.

2 comments:

Kari Plevan said...

How much were the strawberries (all 13 lbs!)? Eron and I are going to pick some after the big race in a couple weeks. I love strawberries!!!!

Oh and I have been wanting to make my own hummus but need a good recipe. Any ideas?

Brandi said...

Sounds yummy! I have become a fan of hummus, especially that roasted garlic one you brought to the baking party. :)