Sunday, January 11, 2009

Crockpot Minestone

I love the crockpot. They are very helpful. I love healthy crockpot recipes. This is one of them. I made this as one of the two soups for a girls movie party I had over here yesterday. It was pretty good - full of many vegetables and completely vegetarian.

Crockpot Minstrone (Cooking Light Slow Cooker, slightly varied...)

1 box and 1 can vegetable broth (or chicken if you don't need it vegetarian)
2 cans diced tomatos with juice
1 can great northern beans, drained and rinsed
1 box frozen spinach, thawed
2 medium onions, chopped
2 large carrots, peeled and sliced
1 zucchini, quartered, sliced
2 swigs of evoo
oregano, garlic, celery seed, rosemary, pepper
1 cup water

Cook on low for about 5 hours. Put in 1/2 cup dry pasta with 30 minutes left. I actually had 2 cups of cooked spirals left from some mac and cheese and just threw that in, and turned it off. Top with some grated parm cheese - yummy. It makes a ton, so I have healthy leftovers!

No comments: