Monday, January 12, 2009

Spinach Lasagna

I love this recipe. Almost like my baked ziti - this is a go to recipe, make ahead, that I know will turn out great and is somewhat healthy (only 4 WW points for 1/12th of the pan).
As I told my friend Kevin and Jamie Bowers tonight - Martha Shinn gave me this recipe. My junior year of college at Flagler in St. Augustine, Martha (the Youth Ministries director, boss, and friend) had all the single girls over for a V-day dinner. So sweet. This is the main dish she made. I've been making it since. I love it. And it is so easy and you have to make it ahead - so you aren't scrambling around right before you have dinner guests.

Spinach Lasagna

32 oz spaghetti sauce
1 cup water

2 egg whites
1 pkg frozen spinach, thawed and squeeze all the water out
1/3 cup romano grated cheese
16 oz low fat small curd cottage cheese
pepper

10 oz lasagna noodles

1 1/2 pkg of mozz cheese or mixed italian grated cheese

Mix sauce and water. Mix filling. Layer sauce, noodles, filling, sauce, noodles filling, sauce noodles, sauce. Cover and chill over night.
Preheat oven to 375. Top with cheese. Cover and bake for an hour. Serve and enjoy!

No comments: