Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Rachael Ray's Chick Pea Salad

I am not a huge fan of Rachael Ray. But, some of her recipes are good. I find most of her recipes basically the same with just one or two slight differences, and some of her "sayings" I find annoying. But, some people love her. I was watching her show the other day and saw this recipe - sounded healthy and fresh, so I thought I would give it a shot! I've changed it a little bit after reading the reviews, but basically have kept it the same.

Chick Pea Salad (I'll be eating this tonight with baby spinach)

2 cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1/2 large red onion, chopped
1/2 large red pepper, seeded and chopped
2 celery stalks, chopped
1 tsp rosemary
large pinch of red pepper flakers
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 T red wine vinegar
1 T balsamic
3 T evoo
s/p

Mix all together. Watch the salt at the end so it doesn't get too salty. Let chill. This would be good with fish, chicken, pork, or on top of greens for a vegetarian dinner. Chick peas have proteins - and you are getting so many vegetables! Tangy enough, but not as tangy as a three bean salad like my mom loves. I think she would like this!

No comments: