Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Herbed Polenta with Portabellos (2009.6)

Mixed reviews. That is how I would define this recipe.
The herbed polenta I used (the only kind I could find in Kroger, roasted garlic and herb) I didn't care for at all. It may have been better with homemade polenta, grits, angel hair (which I what I'll do with the leftovers), but the store bought refrigerated section polenta didn't cut it.
The mushroom mixture - ok, who doesn't like sauteed shrooms. Definitely one of my favorite savory foods.

Here you go, this was out of the Weight Watchers 15 Minutes Meals (p 71)

1 16 oz tube of herbed refrigerated polenta (found in produce section usually)
1 container sliced portabellos
1 onion, sliced
3 T parm cheese, grated
s/p/rosemary
1/2 c white wine (they said red)
1/3 cup water
1 T balsamic
olive oil, 2 T unsalted butter

Saute slices of polenta till done (about 4 minutes on each side). They out on paper towel to drain. Add the shrooms, onions, seasonings, and liquid. Saute till done.
I'll use the rest of the shroom mixture sometime this weekend for a quick dinner at home - maybe Saturday night. It was yummy. I like the mix of the olive oil and butter to saute them in, then the white wine and balsamic. Rosemary rounds out the flavor.

No comments: