Monday, February 16, 2009

Jalapeno Corn Muffins

You may get tired of all these Foster's recipes - but not if they are good, right? Come May I'll take some pictures of my favorite cafe and post them. I made these last night. The only thing I would do is cook them a little longer and maybe make more so they are smaller. These make huge muffins. I would try to make 18 instead of just 12 and have them normal size. But, they were full of flavor thanks to the scallions and jalapeno and cheesy goodness with the grated extra sharp cheddar! I paired with white chicken chili and my friends Mexican rice salad. Yummy!

1 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
1 1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 2/3 cup buttermilk
2 eggs
1 stick unsalted butter, melted
1/4 cup light sour cream
1/2 cup canned corn
1 cup grated sharp cheddar
1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
3 scallions, chopped

Mix dry. Stir wet, combine. Fold in corn, cheddar, scallions, and jalapeno. Grease muffins tins and top. Fill till full. Bake at 375 for 26-27 minutes. (that is accounting for wanting to bake them a little more, I originally only baked for 25).
Enjoy warm with butter.

No comments: