Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Campfire Smore Brownies - Updated






These cake like, campfire-reminding brownies are very easy. I baked these for a CG pool party we are having tonight. i loved how the marshmallows behaved on top and I really liked the graham crackers in the batter. What I didn't like was the cake-like brownie - I have gotten more to like dense fudge type brownies in my old age.
But, they are good. I got these from blog-world, Joy the Baker.

S’mores Brownies

1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
6 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
5 large eggs
1 1/4 cups dark brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup graham cracker, roughly crushed with your hands
12 big marshmallows

Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter 9×13-inch baking pan with 2-inch-high sides. Combine first 3 ingredients in small bowl. Stir butter and chocolate in a small sauce pan over med-low heat until melted and smooth.
Beat eggs, sugar and vanilla in large bowl to blend. Stir in warm chocolate mixture, then dry ingredients. Fold in graham crackers. Pour batter into prepared pan. Dot with 12 large marshmallows. Bake until toothpick inserted into center comes out with moist crumbs attached, about 30- 40 minutes minutes.
I baked mine for 35 minutes and they were great.
I definitely like these better the day after. Still cake-like, but moist.











No comments: