Monday, July 20, 2009

Chili Lime Roasted Chicken


Ok - yeah for meat. I wanted to cook my favorite way to eat chicken to begin my rest of my summer o meat eating! So, I took out the whole chicken in my freezer and decided to roast it. Oh yum! I couldn't wait. Now, what flavor do I give it?

Then, I wanted to try something new - oh my goodness - no recipe...ack! It was so juice and flavorful and yummy. I ate some of it as I was pulling it off the bone.


Preheat oven to 400.

1 whole chicken
2 tsp chili powder
2 limes - zest - and use the juice of one lime.
Stir together the seasonings. Rub all over the chicken. Yes - get your hands dirty!
Stuff the cavity with the limes, 1/2 large white onion, and some cilantro.
Put it in there, turn the oven down to 375. Cook for about 40 minutes, turn to 350. Cook till juices run clear - about 90 minutes.


Enjoy!

No comments: