Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Peanut Butter Blondies




My boss's bday is tomorrow. Last year I made him peanut butter cookies because one of his daughters said that he loved them. This year, I found this recipe for peanut butter blondies in a Hershey's cookbook I have.
I appreciate many things about my boss. One of the best things about him (besides his love for the Gators) is his integrity and love for his family. I love my job.
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter (I'm so used to natural peanut butter that I found I didn't care for regular pb anymore, but in baking it is crucial because of the amount of oil and salt that is in processed peanut butter)
1/2 stick unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 egg
2 T milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
1 1/3 cup reeses peanut butter chips

Mix peanut butter, butter, and sugars. Add in other wet ingredients. Mix in dry. Spread out of batter in a greased 8x8 pan. Pour in the chips on top. Then drop the rest of the batter by spoonfulls on top. Bake at 350 for about 28 minutes or until browned on top.
I loved these because they had a layer of yummy gooey peanut butter goodness in the middle. Very good - especially if you like peanut butter.
Happy Birthday Boss Man!

No comments: