Monday, July 06, 2009

Summer Soup (2009.27)

This is this week's recipe of the week is from Vegetarian Express (thanks Lani). I changed this somewhat, definitely should have used veggie broth instead of water because it didn't have a lot of flavor. But, it will be a nice light soup all week for dinner.

Olive oil
1/2 gigantic onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, zested or chopped
1 red pepper, seeded and chopped
2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
2 large zucchini, halved and sliced
3 ears of corn, shucked (or frozen and put in there right out of freezer) - I roasted fresh corn then froze it and used that.
3 cups of water
s/p
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp lowry's season salt (I added)
1 cup milk (it called for this, but I didn't add it, just couldn't bring myself to do it).

Saute onions, garlic, and red pepper. Add in everything else and bring to a simmer. Let cook till desired doneness (about 15-20 minutes). Enjoy.
I really needed some salt in this soup! That is why I added the Lowry's season salt.
Very summery - just needs some salt.

No comments: