Sunday, November 08, 2009

Sweet Potato Hash with Fried Egg




Amazing breakfast - reminded me very much of one of my fave Lou breakfast places - North End. Seriously - it was that good.

(serves 3-4) - if that many, do 1 egg per person
2 medium sweet potatoes, cubed
1/2 white onion, chopped
2 apples, peeled and chopped (we used 1 granny smith, 1 black twig)
3 slices pancetta
2 T medium amber maple syrup
1 egg per person
butter

Heat butter in pan till really hot. Cook potato and onions till almost done. Add in the apples, pancetta, and syrup. Heat through. Cook the fried egg. Put it on top. Top with some greenery.
Much cheaper than getting it at North End. Toasted some sourdough with strawberry preserves, drank some milk with it.
So good and filling, local ingredients. What a way to spend a warm, Sunday morning. As I told Rebecca, "Sunday mornings were made for this" - note: right now I go to church at night (so I'm not skipping). I just love a leisure morning (1 a week) to enjoy a nice brunch, without being rushed to go get ready.

No comments: