Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Fall Baked Oatmeal


My parents are coming in town later this week and my Dad especially loves oatmeal (so do I). I wanted to make a baked oatmeal so we could just have it ready to warm up in the mornings. I found a recipe that I changed some (to make lighter).
I tasted this once it came out of the oven - it was good. Very warm and filling. It will definitely taste better when I serve it with milk or fat free cool whip (that's how my Mom will eat it).
Here you go: (2 qt casserole or 9x9 square pan, greased)

2 3/4 cup rolled oats (not instant)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup raisins
1/4 cup craisins
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp salt (maybe a little less)

1 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
3 cups water
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Mix the dry. Add the wet. Cook at 350 for 45 or so minutes. Till its not wiggly when you pull it out of the oven.
Serve warm with milk or cool whip...
Serves 8.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I need to make baked oatmeal! I had it at a diner one time and it was to die for. What a great idea, so easy to just heat up in the morning :)