Sunday, October 18, 2009

Taste of Louisville: Irish Rover


I had heard much about this restaurant from friends and knew I needed to try it. My Dad likes Irish food and music so I wanted to take them there when they visited this week. It wasn't very loud on a rainy Wednesday night - we sat in the bar just because it was closest to the door.
I liked the decor and our waitress.
The bread was normal - nothing to waste calories on (but I did).
Dad got the Salmon Au Gratin - it was ok (yes, I had a bite). I got the Guiness Beef Stew - best and we all had some of that. Mom got the Lamb Cabbage Rolls (served with mashed taters). The mashed potatoes were definitely yummier than the rolls.
She had one of her rolls for breakfast on Friday. Dad had some leftover beef stew on Thursday for lunch.
We also shared the Bread Pudding for dessert. I thought it was too clumpy and not enough taste for bread pudding. Oh well.
So, it won't be a favorite restaurant of mine, nor will I probably go again. The prices were very good and the decor and wait staff were all nice.

1 comment:

Leah F said...

I heart the Guinness Beef Stew at the Rover. Until I left the leftovers in the car while we went to a coffee shop...and the car smelled like Guinness for a day or two!