Sunday, October 04, 2009

Taco Soup

I know most people have a taco soup recipe. I usually am like my mother and make it differently each time. But, I thought I made a pretty good pot last night - so I thought I would share the recipe. It was perfect for a cool night with a movie and a friend. (and corn muffins - recipe coming)

1 lb ground turkey
1 red pepper, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 pack low sodium taco seasoning mix
1 28 oz can diced tomatoes
1 regular can rotel
24 oz low sodium chicken broth
1 can no salt added black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can no salt added kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 ear of corn, shucked

Cook turley and peppers and onions. Sprinkle with half of taco seasoning. Put all rest and cooked turkey and peppers in dutch oven with rest of seasoning. Bring to a boil. Let simmer for about 20 minutes. Serve topped with mexican cheese (and other things if you would like).

Corn muffins: 1 Jiffy Corn muffin mix. 1 8 oz can crushed pineapple with juice. Mix. Cook as directed. These are sweet and only 2 WW points! Much better than the 5 if you make them with egg and oil. These turn out more moist then the regular way.

Enjoy

No comments: