Thursday, November 05, 2009

Fall Spiced Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Will these take the place of my favorite chocolate chip oatmeal cookie recipe from Sara Foster - nope. Are they a good treat to bring to the office in the Fall - yes. How can anything with spices, oats, and dark chocolate be bad? I mean these cookies are practically good for you!

1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp fresh ground nutmeg
1/3 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup sweet potatoes, mashed (I used some from my cousin's farm in AL)
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 cups rolled oats
3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
1/4 cup chopped walnuts

Mix dry. Cream butter through vanilla. Combine. Fold in oats and chocolate. Don't overmix.
Bake on lightly greased baking sheets at 350 for about 12 minutes. I got 24 cookies.
You had to really hunt for the sweet potato in it. And since mine aren't a typical sweet potato, mine almost have a greenish tint instead of a orangish tint. I love the spice of these cookies - and I always love anything made with oats!
125 cal/5 fat/1 fiber per cookie. But you get over 2 grams of protein per cookie and less than 10 grams of sugar.

No comments: