Thursday, November 05, 2009

Vegan Planet's Spiced Banana Pancakes

Wow - I think I like these better than the pumpkin ones - we'll see! My friend Sarah pointed me to these - (as another blogger says) - holy yum. That just means its a yum set apart from other yums!

Vegan Planet is a cookbook - I think I may have to get my hands on a copy!

1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
2 tablespoons raw sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
sprinkle of cinnamon
sprinkle of allspice
1 1/4 cup vanilla soymilk
3 bananas - 2 ripe (like ones you would use for banana bread), 1 like you would eat - sliced

Mix dry. Mix in the soymilk. Mix in the mashed bananas. Fold in the chopped banana. Cook on a greased griddle till done (I'm using scant 1/3 cups) and I'll get about 10-12 pancakes. I plan on serving these with some choc chips and pb chips and cool whip!
Yummy - what a great and healthy breakfast. About 200 calories for 2 pancakes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I liked them better than the pumpkin too! They definitely deserve a holy yum ;-)