Monday, November 16, 2009

Taste of Raleigh: Winston's Grille

This past wknd I was in a great eating city/area in Raleigh, NC. For lunch I went with some friends to Winston's Grille. I very nice place for lunch or dinner. I had been there once before when I was in seminary for a nice dinner with my parents.
The warm yeast rolls were great - whipped butter melted nicely. So yum on a cold, blustery, rainy day in Raleigh.
I had a great salad - a harvest salad: grilled matchstick veggies, granny smith apples, craisins. I topped it with balsamic. I opted to leave off the honey mustard dressing and the bleu cheese crumbles, so it was really healthy. Craisins are wonderful on a salad! Probably the healthiest thing I ate all weekend. It was delicious and filling.
My two other friends got salads as well (and yeast rolls): black and bleu salad (blueberries, strawberries, blackened chicken, strawberry vinaigrette dressing. The other one was the grilled chicken salad (yummy cheese on top). I think cheese does wonders for salads!
What is your favorite cheese on a salad? I like goat or really sharp cheddar! I did take pictures but they turned out really dark because the lighting was dim in the restaurant.
Thankful for a great leisurely lunch in Raleigh and friends.

No comments: