Monday, November 02, 2009

Fitness Magazine's Sweet Potato and Apple Bake

Totally honest - Fitness Magazine usually puts out better exercises than they do recipes. This one however, is an exception. My cousin in AL would like this one - because I used their sweet potatoes. So yummy. I had some tonight for dessert after running and kettlebells (perfect for a Fitness Magazine recipe) heated with some light cool whip.

Makes 6-8 servings

2 medium sweet potatoes
3 apples (I used 2 golden delicious and 1 fuji, peeled, cored)
2 T real maple syrup
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ginger
1/8 tsp allspice
1 tsp butter

Bake sweet potatoes for 1 hour at 350 till you can poke them easily with a fork. Let them cool, then slice them (I like the skins, so I left them on). Layer potatoes and apples in a greased 2 qt casserole. Mix syrup and spices. Drizzle over the top. Dot on butter on the top. Bake covered at 350 for 45 minutes.
So good and about 100 calories for a serving. Much healthier and cheaper than all those 100 calorie packs you get at the store that are all processed! So much fiber in these! What a great dessert, side dish, breakfast...

No comments: