Sunday, November 01, 2009

Whole Wheat Apple Cider Couscous

Never would have thought of this - who does. I adapted a recipe I found on Mr. Breakfast and wanted to use up some more of my Huber's Apple Cider (amazing) and some Whole Wheat Couscous I have had sitting on the counter since my Kitchn Cure week 1.

1 cup apple cider
1/2 cup whole wheat couscous
1/4 cup orange flavored dried cranberries from Trader Joes (these will be a staple in my house if I ever live near a Trader Joes)

Boil the apple cider. Stir in the couscous and cranberries. Cover and cook OFF the HEAT for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.

Serve for a quick meal (usually breakfast, which is when I'll eat it this week) with some yogurt and dried apples on top for crunch.

1 comment:

Anna said...

I recently had something similiar to this. The couscous was cooked in apple juice and then after it was done the cook added a little honey, some grapes, and chopped apples for crunch. She also served it with some vanilla yogurt. Apparently this is a traditional Moroccan breakfast in some parts of that country. Those orange cranberries from Trader Joe's are amazing aren't they!!