Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Fresh Baked Pasta



Tonight was clean out the fridge night. And I am very proud of this dish. I love baked pastas - but I'm also trying to eat healthier - so this is a great mix.
1 box whole wheat rotini pasta
3 whole tomatoes (mine were a mix from Huber's and one from Tracy's Dad)
1/2 pint grape tomatoes (whole, I got mine from Garden Gate in the ville)
1 green pepper - chopped (mine were some fresh frozen ones from the Dixon farm - thanks T)
1/4 large white onion (thanks Tracy, I finally used it)
2 garlic cloves (I use the zester grater for mine)
Olive oil (not as good as Murphy's)
s/p
1 can chopped tomatoes
1/2 can tomato paste
1/3 bag spinach leaves
1 small container pesto
fresh grated parm cheese
Boil the pasta. Then saute all the rest till it is ready, dump in the pasta. Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes, top with grated cheese, cook for 5 more minutes. Enjoy! And I did all of it in one episode of Rachael Ray - so truly a 30 minute meal!
I loved the pesto flavor in there and the grape tomatoes. So yummy. Fresh grated parm is a must too! This is a great way to clean out your fridge and still eat healthy! I have plenty - anyone want some leftovers for lunch one day?
And the pics - they aren't the best - but you get the gist!

No comments: