Monday, September 29, 2008

Taste of RDU and Pumpkin Trifle


Thanks to my friend Laura who is a great photographer - this is what I made last week for our progressive dinner. Thanks Laura!
This weekend I was in the RDU area. I got to eat at some great places while traveling.
Sat am - the Manor House is the guest housing at SEBTS. They have a plethora of breakfast foods. The people I was traveling with ate there - but I ate with Nathan and Leah Finn and Georgia (and Baxter who wasn't born yet, but was born yesterday). I had a biscuit with pb and honey - yummy - thanks Leah!
Sat lunch was Las Margaritas! Amazing basement Mexican food place in dtown Wake Forest. Our food came about 7 minutes after we ordered it. I had the cream spinach enchilada - amazing goodness (and no spinach got stuck in my teeth). By the time I was done with that my cheese enchilada was cold - but I was so full I didn't need it anyway.
Dinner was at Southpoint at California Pizza Kitchen. We had the BBQ Chicken salad (wow, good salad!), the Jamaican Jerk Pizza and Mushroom Pizza. I think I liked the mushroom pizza slightly more - but both were good.
Breakfast was again at the Manor House - I had raisin bran crunch cereal and a banana. Loved the hospitality of Donna and Jeff Hagood! They were great and do a superb job running this place!
Lunch was Red Robin in Brier Creek. Best burgers hands down. I had a freckled lemonade with light minute maid, a bacon cheeseburger with Monterey jack, slightly pink, and bacon - yumm-y!, and their steak fries which I didn't eat all of.
Dinner was IHop in Knoxville at 9pm. I had their Heart-Nut and Oat Pancakes, and a bite or two of everything else on the plate. They were yummy but I was already full. Lorrie picked that place and it was a good choice!
Now - back to eating right and exercising! Just sick most of the weekend because I ate so much and was rarely hungry!

No comments: