Friday, May 22, 2009

Must Have Snack!

These are a few of my favorite things (are you singing the song yet?). I think chips are the perfect salty snack. I love their crunch (as long as they are not stale) and their taste (provided they aren't generic. Yes, I think most generic chips do not have as good a flavor as name brand. I'll pay a little more for good flavor. These are a few of my favorite. Why waste the calories and sodium on anything less?

1. (New Fave) - Flat Earth Tangy Tomato Ranch. Their flavor is much better than I thought it would be. I was pleasantly surprised. For 13 chips - 130 cal, 5 fat, 2 fiber, 200 mg sodium. 3 points - not bad.
2. (New Fave) - Brickman's Salt and Pepper Chips. Amazing. Crunchy and full of flavor - especially the bottom of the bag. About 200 cal, 11 fat, and 2 fiber for the bag. Not bad for amazing chips
3. Kettle Jalepeno Chips - another amazing chip! Love the spiciness of them
4. Baked Cheetos. I actually like these better than the regular because they are not as dense and greasy. 32 chips for 3 WW points. Can't beat that - and you get to lick your fingers!
5. Santitos White Corn Tortillo Chips - 2$ a bag at Wal-Mart. Gotta love great chips for cheap!
6. Tostitos Gold - these are perfect for thicker dips.
7. Stacy's Pita Chips - these are perfect with hummus (and especially hummus with salsa like I had at CG the other night).
8. Rold Gold Honey Wheat Braided Twists. 8 twists for 2 points - the sodium is a bit much, but still very good with a slight bit of sweetness.

And there you have it - life's perfect snack!

No comments: