Sunday, May 10, 2009

Turkey and Sausage Mother's Day Meatloaf Muffins


I asked my mom a week ago what her favorite healthier meal was. And she said her sister's meatloaf with okra and tomatoes. So, that is what I made today for her, on mother's day. My Aunt Sandy lives in CA and we see her every now and then. Probably 5 times in my life - but, hey she's cool!

2 lbs ground turkey breast
1 lb spicy pork ground sausage
1/2 c chopped green pepper
1/2 c chopped onion
1 cup bread crumbs (I used most of 3 pieces of whole wheat bread)

2/3 cup ketchup (how do you spell this word?)
2 T worcestershire sauce
2 eggs
1 T A-1 steak sauce
1 t dry mustard
1/2 tsp ground sage
s/p to taste

Mix the first, add in the second group. Bake in 24 muffin pans - 400 for 20 minutes. Take out and put on paper towels to let drain a little. Enjoy!
If you use the two types of meat I did, these are 3 points each. The sausage makes these different than your normal meatloaf. I liked it.

No comments: