Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Taste of Raleigh: Cafe Carolina & Bakery






Since Dad and I had the breakfast meeting, Mom and I went to lunch together during my break of a conference. We went to one of my favorite chains (again, a small one, but fab).
Cafe Carolina. There is one in Cameron Village. I remember Jen Treece and I hanging out there once. Maggie and I usually pull up the Chapel Hill one.
They are a great bakery cafe, so of course you must get dessert!
Mom chose the chicken artichoke spinach panini and I chose the chicken salad wrap and we split them. They each came with a bag of Rold Gold pretzels. Then for dessert she chose the inside out pb cub (amazing thing) and I got the carolina blue vanilla cupcake. So, we split those. I took the wrap off of my chicken salad and just ate the filling. I only ate one bite of the cupcake (it was dry). But, still - Mom and I probably had 1200 calories just in lunch. It was very good though!
The Inside Out PB cup - chunky pb brownie in a muffin tin, drilled hole in the middle with chocolate ganache in it. So good! Good choice mom!

No comments: