Saturday, October 10, 2009

Apple Cider Muffins



Hubers has amazing apple cider. I've never tasted better. I could drink it by the gallon, although that wouldn't really be good for me. I had a sample this morning and bought a 1/2 gallon for baking and drinking (mixed in with my chai tea). And I bought tons of Stayman Winesap apples. Perfect mix for apple cider muffins from Serious Eats. I did change these some and the baking time and finished product was a bit off, but still a good fall muffin - not too sweet.

1 cup sugar
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup grapeseed oil
1/4 cup applesauce
3 eggs
1 cup flour
1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 scant cup apple cider
3/4 cup light sour cream
1 tsp vanilla
2 apples, grated

Mix all through eggs. Add in dry. Add in cider and sour cream, mixing well after each addition. Add in vanilla. Fold in apples. Bake at 350 in greased muffins tins. These don't rise much so you can fill the muffin liner pretty near the top. Bake for about 30-32 minutes till done. I got 24 muffins out of these.
Not highly sweet, very simple, good for having company or as a side dish to breakfast.

1 comment:

Brandi said...

That apple looks sooo yummy! I hope you had a great time! :)