Saturday, October 10, 2009

Fall Granola

I love granola. This is my second favorite! :) It is very yummy and very fall-y. I got the original recipe from Peabody. I've made a few changes - it was great and healthy. Thanks!

3 cups oats (rolled, not instant)
1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
1/2 cup raw pepitas (raw pumpkin seeds)
2 T flax seeds
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp kosher salt
2 T canola oil
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup grade B medium maple syrup
1/3 cup dried apples
1/3 cup craisins

Mix all up to salt. Mix oil through syrup. Mix together - spread out on greased pan. Bake at 325 for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Take out and put in apples and craisins. Cook for another 5 or so minutes, until lightly browned. Don't burn! :) And it burns easily!
Yummy!

1 comment:

Karisse said...

Yum. I'm going to try this. I've been eating a lot of granola lately. It will be fun to MAKE it myself!