Tuesday, October 20, 2009

W-S Pumpkin White Chocolate Chip Cookies (2009.40a)

I loved working at W-S for the holidays. Couple of reasons: getting to know non-believers and building a relationship with them and the incredible discount (40%). That is how I stocked my kitchen! I also used the money one year to take a trip to Thailand with my church.
This cookbook has not been the best one though. I loaned this book to a friend last year and she didn't have much success with the pumpkin recipes. I tried it last night - again, not much success. It is the Pumpkin cookbook. At least I got it on sale!

8 oz canned pumpkin
1 stick unsalted butter, room temp
1/2 cup superfine sugar (put regular sugar - heaping 1/2 cup - in food processor and grind till fine)
1 egg
1 1/2 cup oats
1 cup self-rising flour
5 oz white chocolate (I upped it from 3.5) chips

Cream wet. Add in oats and flour. Fold in chocolate chips. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes on greased cookie sheet. Let cool.

I liked the combination of the white chocolate and pumpkin, but I just didn't like the final product. Oh, well.

No comments: