Sunday, October 25, 2009

Pumpkin Orange Cranberry Bran Muffins

These are actually better than I thought they would be. Great variety of flavors that all work very well together. I got the original recipe from Craving Greens, a healthy blog I read. i changed some things. I love that these are so healthy and good for you with minimal fat. I also love the fact that they are moist - most bran muffins are very dry with limited flavor.



1 cup canned pumpkin
3/4 cup crushed All-Bran cereal
2 eggs
3/4 cup cup ff buttermilk
1/3 cup molasses
1/3 cup raw sugar
1/2 tsp fresh ground ginger
1 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour (I loved the light texture provided by this)
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1 1/4 cup Trader Joes Orange-Dried Cranberries
1/8 cup pepitas


Mix wet (pumpkin through ginger). Combine dry (through cloves). Mix just until combined. Fold in cranberries. Put in 12 muffin tins that have been lightly sprayed with pam. Sprinkle some pepitas on top. (These add great crunch for texture change when they are done). Bake at 400 for about 20 minutes.
Let cool and enjoy.
140 calories, 2 fat, 4.5 fiber

No comments: