Monday, March 16, 2009

Ginger Sesame Chicken Salad (2009.11)

Recipe week #11 is out of my favorite cookbook - Fresh Every Day by Sara Foster. But, this was not my favorite recipe. I loved the salad - but who wouldn't. But, I tried to make the dressing for just one (because there is only me) and I got the ratios a bit wrong - some things in it were a little strong. If you were making the recipe as is - I'm sure it would be great.

Salad
rotisserie chicken
greens
red pepper
celery or bok choy
green onions
cilantro

all to taste and salad size pieces - whatever that means to you. I loved the pop of color with the red peppers!

Salad Dressing
zest and juice of one orange
2 T light soy sauce (I used reduced sodium)
2 T rice wine vinegar
1 T honey
2 T fresh grated ginger
2 scaliions, minced
2 minced garlic cloves
2 T toasted sesame oil
1/2 cup canola oil
2 T toasted sesame seeds

Mix all together - pour lightly over salad.

No comments: