Monday, April 27, 2009

BGC's Strawberry Margarite Cake (2009.17)

Love this recipe - and so easy! :)
Butterfly Garden Cafe here in Louisville off of Bardstown was introduced to me by Lauren. love it. Need to go again sometime soon! The only thing bad about it is the parking - but anywhere on Bardstown - I think the same thing. But, I just noticed they opened a second location off Shelbyville - more parking! :)
So, my friend Brandi just had a baby and I am taking them dinner. This was on my spring recipes to try - so here we go!

1 pkg white cake mix
3 egg whites
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup canola oil
3/4 cup strawberry margarita mix

Mix - bake in greased 9x13 pan at 350 for 25 minutes. Let cool.

1 tub cool whip light
3 limes - juice and zest

Stir all together and frost cake. Put in fridge. Let sit out during dinner or it is not ice cold when you eat it!
I love the bite of the lime in the frosting! So easy!

No comments: